Townsville North Queensland Bid Fund
Are you seeking financial assistance to bring your next business event, conference, sporting event or major event to Townsville North Queensland? Your event may be eligible to receive support through Townsville North Queensland’s newly established event Bid Fund.
What is the bid fund?
Townsville Enterprise Convention Bureau, Townsville City Council, Tourism and Events Queensland and a collective of local accommodation and venue operators have contributed to a funding pool to support the attraction of new events into Townsville North Queensland. The Bid Fund is managed by Townsville Enterprise Convention Bureau and events which are seeking financial support must meet the following guidelines and eligibility criteria.
- The event must provide a strong and positive economic impact to the Townsville North Queensland region
- The event must attract more than 80pax (business event) or more than 1,000pax (leisure event) with at least 50% of all delegates staying in at least one night’s paid accommodation.
- The event must align to the Destination Tourism Plan and/or the local industry sectors that the region represents
- The event will not be considered without financial support from the hosting destination
- The event contributes to a balanced events calendar and is held outside of peak season (June – September)
- There is a strong likelihood the event will return to Townsville North Queensland in the future
- Funding is able to be paid by the end of the 2014/15 financial year
Please Note: The Bid Fund has been established to acquire NEW events forTownsville North Queensland, events already committed and confirmed to the destination are ineligible.
Application to access the Bid Fund
Event organisers interested in accessing the Townsville North Queensland Bid Fund should contact:
Events Acquisition Executive – Townsville Enterprise
Phone: 4726 2753 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org