About the Bid Fund
Townsville Enterprise Convention Bureau, Townsville City Council, Tourism and Events Queensland and a collective of local accommodation and venue operators have contributed to a funding pool to support the attraction of new events into Townsville North Queensland. The Bid Fund is managed by Townsville Enterprise Convention Bureau. Since its inception in the 2014/2015 financial year, the Bid Fund has assisted with positioning Townsville North Queensland as a inspiring events destination to decision-makers within State and National sporting bodies, Professional Conference Organisers and various associations.
Applications are now open for events to participate in the 2018/2019 Bid Fund. Events which are seeking financial support are required to meet the below eligibility criteria.
- The event must provide a strong and positive economic impact to the Townsville North Queensland region
- The event is not yet committed to or confirmed to be hosted in Townsville North Queensland
- The event would not consider Townsville North Queensland as a destination without funding
- The event will increase event-specific visitor expenditure and build the profile of the destination
- At least 50% of event attendees are likely to travel to Townsville North Queensland and will stay in at least one night of paid accommodation
- The event organisers agree to completing a Post Event Acquittal prior to invoicing
- Timing of existing major events is taken into consideration and discussed with TEL prior to committing to event dates
- The event supports a balanced events calendar
- The event is held outside of peak consumer tourism periods
- The funding will go towards; marketing, travel/logistics or improved visitor experience
- There is a likelihood of the event returning to Townsville North Queensland without funding